How can you download Instagram Reels ? If this is a question that arises in your mind, then you are in the right place. In this guide, we show you several methods to download Instagram Reels and save them offline.
Note: The methods below will work on both Android and iOS. However, you will not be able to download “private” Reels.
1.Download Instagram Reels Using Online Download Tools
There are several online tools that help you download Instagram Reels without the need to install an app or software. These online tools also allow you to save the videos without any watermarks or restrictions.
Here are some of the best online tools to download Reels:
- Tricksndtips Private reels downloader
- Open the Instagram Reels you want to download. Tap on the three-dot icon and choose the “Copy Link” option.
- Visit any of the online tools mentioned. For this example, we are going to use Tricksndtips. Tap the “Reels” tab within the website and paste the copied Reels link into the appropriate box.
- Press the blue “Download” button and wait for the processing to complete. Once done, you will be shown a preview of the video and a big download button. Tap on it and you have successfully downloaded an Instagram Reels video.
If the video starts playing in a new tab, you need to long press the video and select the “Download Video” option to save the file.
2.Use of dedicated applications
There are several apps available that help you to download videos from Instagram Reels. These apps also eliminate the need to open an online website every time you want to download a Reel. You can choose any of the two popular Android apps to download Reels:
3.Bookmark Instagram Reels
If you just want to save Instagram Reels for future use, instead of downloading it, just bookmark the Reel.
Open the Instagram Reel you want to save. Click on the three dots icon and hit the “Save” button from the list of options.
4.Download your own Instagram reels with sound
- Instagram offers you the option to download unpublished Reels; however, it does not save the audio. If you want to save your own unpublished Instagram Reels, you need to create a “Close Friends” list and use the Stories to download your own Instagram Reels video. Here is how to do it:
- Open the Instagram app and go to the profile page. Hit the “hamburger menu” icon and select the “Close Friends” option from the list.
- Add one or multiple friends to your “Close Friends” list, and once done, create an Instagram Reels video.
- After creating the video, click the “Preview” button.
- Click “Next” to go to the “Share” menu. In the Share menu, tap on the “Stories” tab and hit the “Share” button in front of “Close Friends”. Please note that the member added to the close friends list will be able to see the Reels.
- Go to the Instagram home screen and tap “Your Story”. You will notice that the created Reel was published as a story. Tap on the three-dot icon and select the “Save Video” option from the menu. This will download your Reel video with audio. After everything is done, you can delete the story.